Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What do you want to see on the blog?!

We were having a discussion about what we want to put up on the blog. Some suggestions were our journeys, how we met, how we went through recovery (and are, for some of us), what recovery means, how to help someone who has an eating disorder, any poems or stories that we find and like, and any really helpful websites.

Please leave us a message or email us at dispellingthemythsforum@gmail.com with what you want us to put on the blog!

and for our first creative entry, I'm going to put up a poem I wrote, with the help of a friend called Rach, when I was first in treatment. For those of you who don't know - the name of my eating disorder is "Medusa"

Medusa’s Lies

Medusa is her name
Destruction is her game
Thriving on secrets,
Suffering and pain

Come here little one
Let me tell you a lie
The rules have won
You’ve lost, my oh my

Your reflection is broken
Her eyes you will see
Medusa is awoken
You no longer will be

Quiet and submissive
You have learned well
Of fears she’s dismissive
Do, or there will be hell

From wild to tame
Gently she soothes
She’ll destroy and maime
With very few moves

Her actions so gentle
And swift into your life
Showing all you’re ‘mental’
And in very deep strife

Come here little one
Let me wipe away your tears
I will destroy all fun
I will fill you with my fears

You become a marionette
With strings attached
A life in pieces you’ll get
Slowly becoming detached

I’ve taken your body, not only your head
Not only about food, but many fears
Eating with others fills you with dread
It’s been the same for many years

As you learn what is real
What you hold close to your heart
Recovery is a deal
Upon which you now embark

1 comment:

rach3121 said...

I remember that poem Noelle, and I still love it :) It totally expresses what life with a negative mind is like.
I was thinking.... I would so not be comfortable reading about all of your journey's. I greatly respect what you've all been and are going through, but my negative mind would go nuts over your experiences. I'd be reading because my negative mind wanted to make comparisons... maybe this would be an issue for others too?
I think positively focussed things would be cool though! Am a big fan of poetry :)Maybe if any of you have done art therapy or other creative stuff you could put pics up?