Wednesday, April 2, 2008

ABC Radio and Canberra Times

Well, today we had INTERVIEWS! Scary...but YAY! First off we had an interview with Emily Sherlock of the Canberra Times who is doing a feature on us and eating disorders, to go in the Canberra Times this Sunday which is superly exciting :)

During that interview I also took a phone call from 666 (ABC Radio, but 666 looks cooler - not that the people I spoke to from the ABC were devils...) who asked me if I'd be alright to do an interview in...about an hour. That really took me by surprise! But there we go!!! My fist radio interview over and done with!

I spoke on the Afternoon show with Geniveve Jacobs. She asked really intelligent questions and hopefully I answered them with equal intelligence! I really hope I managed to drum in the message that you can recover from an eating disorder - freEDom truly is possible - and that the services avaliable are not enough. I haven't heard the segment back yet as I was at work when it aired, but I can pick it up from the ABC tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning is the 106.3 Breakfast Show with Mark and Lisa. Such an early morning! We're going on air at around 7:50-8:00am, to about 8:30am which is really great - we'll also be taking callers, so if anyone wants to call up and ask us a question, GO FOR YOUR LIFE! We'd really love to have some callers.

6 months ago I never would have imagined that I would be doing anything like this - I was completely trapped in my eating disorder. I feel like doing this is a fantastic part of recovery :)

No pictures of Emily and the 666 interview was done by my mobile in the middle of Woden Square, so no cool pictures of studios either! Tomorrow, I won't promise, but we hope!!!

Noelle xoxo.

No comments: